TASMANIAN MADE CHRISTMAS MARKET 2021
HANDMADE & SUPPLIES
Tasmanian Made Christmas Market
20-21 November 2021
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION FORM SO YOU DON"T MISS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Applications are now OPEN for Stall Holders for the TASMANIAN MADE LOCAL CHRISTMAS MARKET on Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st November 2021 at the *My State Bank Arena* (formerly DEC)
All COVID requirements will be followed to make the market as safe as possible for both vendors and customers. All stall holders will need to supply hand sanitiser at their stall and may be required to wear a mask.
- Successful applicants will be notified after 1 July.
- If accepted you will be sent a link to pay your fee. Your spot is not confirmed until your fee is paid
- A Payment Plan option may be available, however all fees must be paid by 15th October
- Your stall fee is NOT REFUNDABLE for change of mind or illness
- In the event that the market is cancelled due to COVID restrictions your fee will be refunded
This is a 2-day market and there will be no one day spaces.
All stall holders will be expected to stay until the market closes so please make sure you can commit to the whole 2 days before applying.
We also expect that you will help to promote the event via any social media that you have and by helping to distribute flyers. The more promotion we can get the more buyers there will be at the market and the more successful your stall will be.
This will be an indoor market and will be held at the *My State Bank Arena* in Glenorchy.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Handmade artists living in Tasmania. All items must be made by you in Tasmania.
- Craft Supplies Sellers (Supplies must be unused and on a separate stall)
This is a 2 day market and price is for 2 days:
Arena Aisle Sites 3mx3m are $370
Arena Corner Site 3mx3m are $390
Foyer Site 3mx2m are $320
DO I REQUIRE ANY INSURANCE?
Yes you do, however $20 million Public Liability Insurance and $20 million Product Liability Insurance WILL BE INCLUDED FREE for our stall holders. However there are some things that aren't covered by our insurance:
"- We CANNOT cover potions and lotions that stay on the skin eg. any topical cream that is applied to the skin and left on eg lip balm, moisturiser, hand cream, make up, essential oils etc
We can cover soap, bath bombs or bath crystals as they wash off the skin. We can also cover candles.
- We CANNOT cover TOYS of any description, we cannot cover electrical items or alcohol"
***If your products fall into the categories mentioned above you WILL NEED to organise your OWN INSURANCE.***
CAN I SHARE A STALL WITH ANOTHER SELLER?
Yes, but you will BOTH need to apply separately and indicate on BOTH application forms who you would like to share with. Stall fees will be split between those sharing with a 10% handling fee to cover extra processing and handling fees.
I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING A CARD READER TO PROCESS PAYMENTS AT MARKETS. CAN YOU RECOMMEND ONE?
There are several options but Squareup has a great promotion happening at the moment and you can get free processing for up to $1000 in transaction in your first 180 days! To get this fantastic deal use this link to sign up Sign up to Square . You can get the readers, that plug into your mobile phone or mobile device, at Officeworks for $19 or through Squareup.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING AS A STALLHOLDER?
Each stallholder should bring the following items to make their life comfortable at the Markets:
- your stock, with price tags or stickers attached;
- any tables, clothes racks or props or display items;
- a floor length table cover for all tables (this is essential for a professional & consistent look);
- any display, signage and promotional materials, including your business cards;
- money float to suit your product pricing, electronic processing terminal if you have one;
- a chair to sit on, optional;
- a helper (if possible) so you can take a break and for the times when you have so many customers you need an extra pair of hands!;
- snacks and a drink (food will be available at the kiosk and can be ordered ahead to be brought to your stall).
- hand sanitiser for your stall
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE VENDORS?
We choose vendors based on a number of criteria:
- you must sell items made by you or supplies to be eligible;
- we look for professional presentation in your social media or website;
- we look for a quality product;
- we try to get a good balance of categories so we don't have too much competition in each category;
- a willingness to help and promote the market;
- positive community spirit;
- your items must not include any items that infringe on IP rights;
- we can only consider applications that have uploaded images of each type of item they will be selling. Upload here
- we can only consider vendors selling toys if a current insurance certificate is sent to [email protected] with submission
- having been accepted for a previous market does NOT guarantee you a spot in the next one.
- all vendors are required to have their setup approved
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I’VE BEEN APPROVED AS A STALLHOLDER?
We will advise you (in writing) of our decision.
If you're unsuccessful, you will automatically be added to a 'second chance' list and we'll be in contact with you should a space become available. Do check your spam folder as emails do end up there sometimes.
WHEN DO I PAY?
A link to pay will be sent with your acceptance letter. This must be paid within 3 days to confirm your spot. If not paid within 3 days of acceptance your place will be offered to the next person on the list. Payment plans may be available depending on how close to the market it is.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL?
Stall fees will go into covering the costs of venue fees, insurance, equipment hire, decoration and promotion. If you cancel, we will NOT be able to give you a refund. Please keep this in mind before applying. Your stall is NOT transferable so you cannot sell your spot to someone else as we need to approve all vendors and site placements.
BUMP IN TIMES
To be announced
I HAVE A QUESTION
You can contact us with any questions at [email protected]
I'M EXCITED! WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Fill in the application form below
- Upload named images (Your name and what the item is) of each type of item you will be selling UPLOAD HERE
- If accepted pay the stall fee within 3 days to confirm your spot
What happens if the market is cancelled due to COVID restrictions?
If this happens you will be refunded
*Please note the DEC is currently being rebuilt and we have been assured it will be ready but we may have to move venues*